Friday 30 August 2013

The Ambitious Peace





Following the last posts about the battle between Lawry and Peace and everything else that was the aftermath of that, i decided to hook up with Peace #NoHomo, the winner himself just get to know the guy behind the name and again #NoHomo.. Here's an interview with the dude

"Propane: Awe bra wam (Wassup hommie)

Peace: Ekse bathini? (Whats good?)

Propane: I'm all good.. So dude, out of nowhere we see you killing it on shows, hear you on radio, but can you tell me & the public who Peace is for those that don;t know yet?

Peace: Well Peace is a rapper born in Port Shepstone (Lamont-Mvutshini location)  at the South Coast of KZN. He started rapping in 2009 then went to studio on 2011. I am 16 years of age and currently doing Grade 11 at Mlonde High school at Mvutshini. I used to listen to people like MojaPooh, Shon G, ProKid, Zakwe and a lot of rappers from around, they got inspired since then.

Propane: Whoa, you're just 16.. If I'm doing my math right you started rapping at age 12?! Damn.. & looking from the list of people who inspire you, I can conclude that your sound is also similar to theirs, right?

Peace: Yeah kind of... But I always try ma best and make sure to not sound like them.

Propane: Awe, I hear you ma dude.. Here on the south coast, its always been tradition to belong under a certain stable, which one are you under?

Peace: I am under Umkhalambazoo UnderGround Records

Propane: Sho mata (shot mate).. & you seem to be killing ish & burying it underground there, haha since you won the battle against Lawry, a big s/o to that ma n***a! Weren't you nervous going into that battle, since he's more known & the funny guy?

Peace: To be honest dawg, I was so nervous and I never thought I would win that battle as Lawry was  known  and I was the new kid on the Block... But I tried and did ma best and the judges and some of the people were impressed.

Propane: I can imagine the pressure you were under.. But you proved that dynamites come in small packages! Unfortunately your opponent felt like he was cheated, he went on to release #Obituary & #R.I.P.. What was your reaction to that?

Peace: Well, I didn't even bother ma self with that. I don't care! He can release diss tracks or what what.. But I will just keep on doing what I do. I won't give him any attention

Propane: Kushota uthi (you just have to add) "aint nobody got time for that" haha.. Word! So I guess we won't be hearing a response from you with a track maybe?

Peace: Lol naah I won't..

Propane: wololo.. Walamba obezishaya nge beef lol. Working on any project/mix tape at the moment?

Peace: Yeah dude, am currently working on ma E.P titled THE AMBITION, which is going to Drop soon.

Propane: Dope.. Who you working with on it,  any special features to expect there?

Peace: Actually its ready now, next month (September) it will drop and it features the likes of S-dee, Pman, King-T, WhyNot?, Birdie(vocalist), and Young D...


Propane: & I see I was left out of those features there.. Nam I'll make a track for you lol. Kidding man.. Before I wrap this up, any s/o you wanna pass out?

Peace: Well I just wanna send a s/o to ma n***as at Umkhalambazoo U.R, M.E and last but not least M.A.G media in making ma E.P successful.....there's still more coming!

Propane: Am sure nabo baya #Phakamisa where they at.. Thanks for you time bra wam, & all the best in your music & school yo

Peace: moja dawg"
Surely I'm not the only one anticipating this E.P by the young'n, while we wait as it loads, get the single from it below...
Download (click on hyperlink):
Peace - Phakamisa 
Also check him on:
 Facebook - Luyanda Peace Xolo
Twitter -       @luyanda_peace


No comments:

Post a Comment