Monday 6 January 2014

NduMicLion




First and foremost we as the IN-TYM team would like to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!! We hope 2014 is productive and a year of success for us all.

Now down to business.  We begin this year with the man who entered 2014 on a very high note, by winning Rep Ur Lokshin, beating difference rappers from various locations around KwaZulu-Natal.  Essy had a chance to find out what this guy is all about and this is how it went down:

Essy
Nduuuh

NduMicLion
Essy

Essy
How are you?

NduMicLion
I’m great, thanks for asking, what about yourself?

Essy
I'm great myself hey... So for those who don’t know you, awuzshaye nge intro for em

NduMicLion
Well, I am Ndumiso PraiseWorth Gasa. Born and raised in Durban, Inanda and Umlazi. Originated in the South Coast, Harding, Kwa-Machi, Evelela.  Started rapping at the age of 13, but started hustling in music at the age of 15. Also known by my stage name NduMicLion or MeningSon the GeniusIdiot. I’m under Drop Down Entertainment alongside ma team mates MoveMentBeats, Presswords and Specifybeats, an IT graduate (ehleka kancane), son of Mening and Jacobina Gasa.

Essy
Hahaha yho umlando omngaka... And how did the name NduMicLion come about vele?

NduMicLion
Lol, I was just telling you who I am. Well the name NduMicLion came about pretty simply. I used to call myself Ndu when I rap, and there is a line I did way back which was "when Ndu Touches the Mic he becomes a Lion" meaning when I get on stage I become a Wild "Cat", coz ngyahlanya estage. Then rappers I used to rap with at the time, said I must use this line and create ma name on it, and that’s how it came to be. And I also like the name because it consists of ma real name, Ndu, meaning when I get on stage or when I rap, there is the part of me, on that "rapper", because mostly I rap about me, jeah

Essy
Oryyt, I see hey... Speaking of performing on stages... Congrats man on winning iRep Your Lokshin and repping 039! How does that even feel for you?

NduMicLion
Well to be honest, what makes me happy is that I took it for the South Coast. Not for me, not for Drop Down, but for The South, because we have talent in our hands but the problem is we not 100 percent confident. To me, winning Rep Ur Lokshin was just a Bonus, ma Motives where to get on stage and gain a fan Base I never had

Essy
And that, you achieved... Kodwa ke haters are always gonna hate haha! How do u feel about the people saying uwine ngochatho and whatnot?

NduMicLion
Jah neh, I saw some critics, and some on social networks , but all I can say is, kubo bonke abantu who were at the show know why I won and if 1 person disputes that, its fine, I can’t change how they feel, but I can ignore them and continue with what I do best

Essy
Spoken like a true "Genius". So what songs did you perform lapha?

NduMicLion
Mhhm, thanks. First track I performed was titled "Talk Too Much" produced by Master Dee, lapho I was up Against Grilla, young rapper which I respect.  Then after that I was against Biro where I performed a track titled "I Am Mad" produced by MoveMentBeats. Then I was against a Rapper called C-Flow, where I performed Yessess, also Produced by Master Dee. Then I was against Phindise, where we had a tie on votes so we were forced to have a second Round, I performed a track titled "ang'neliseki" alongside Bricka and Mc Crack, produced by Suspect and a track called "army" produced by KaliBeats Then I was on the final with Mthinay Tsunami, where I won with a track titled "March To The Future" produced by a South Coast beat Maker/ rapper, Proada, jah and that’s how I won it, it was a tough 1 , but I was determined to fight till ma last breath

Essy
Bajulukile abantu hey, that's a whole lotta fighting! Now, going back to basics... Who/what inspires you in terms of your music and all of that?

NduMicLion
Lol, mhhm, well a lot of artists inspire whenever I hear something different, I follow and try to adapt to the style using what I got. But if I had to name a rapper that inspires me to write and who I look up to, it has to Be Ab-Soul from Black hippy T.D.E. Other than that, many cats in the industry, international and local, commercial and underground do inspire me, because I am a fan of good Music

Essy
And you mentioned Drop Down Entertainment earlier on, do tell us more about it hey

NduMicLion
Drop Down Entertainment is a production started by myself and SpecifyBeats, Rudber and Presswords, in 2011. Since then we've been soldiers on a mission. It wasn’t easy but we managed to get people to know that we exist and we not backing down anytime soon, and under Drop Down Enter, there are 2 movements, which are MovementBeats which is beat makers i:e SpecifyBeats and Presswords, and R4EYE which stands for Rhymes For Improvement, by myself and Solo Sabza

Essy
So that makes you the co-founder of it, oh wow hey... Definitely gonna be on the look-out for them. So before we wrap this up, any specific shout-outs you want to send to anyone?

NduMicLion
I just want to thank all those who were supporting me and by my side at the Rep Ur Lokshin Finals, and shout out to M.O.T.D.S.O.M, ImageNation, and to ma parents kwaMachi and ma sisters and broz, especially Sindi Ncane, the 1 who supports me, she’s ma second mom, and ma Izee broz, Ong Dogz, Fresh and Professor Cn3 A.K.A Thabani, ngyabonga

Essy
Haha cute, man... And on social networks, utholakala kanjan?

NduMicLion
Uhm, you can get me on FB, its Meningson GeniusIdiot Gasa, and you can search Drop Down 
Entertainment and like the page, and follow the fam on Twitter, its @NduMicLion, @DropDownEnter , @MoveMentBeats for bookings and features , you can contact DropDownEntertainment@gmail.com or contact me on 0847340858

Essy
And are there any projects that you're currently busy with?

NduMicLion
Jeah, of cos, I’m gonna appear on features around KZN cats nje, and be on the lookout for ma
MixTape titled "Heart of a Lion”, coming between June and July, and jeah that’s Drop Down for you

Essy
Haha only the best... Thank you for your time dear and once again, sithi HALALA!

NduMicLion
Thanx a lot Miss Daka

DOWNLOAD some NduMicLion music:

NduMicLion- "Tell Me What You See" ft M.E (RiverNile, MADDOG, King T, Da Manece &Konstar) Prod by #YB 





No comments:

Post a Comment